Thursday August 22, 2013
I SAY I DO:
Weddings are some of my favorite events to attend. There aren't many events that have hundreds of giddy and optimistic people all gathered together to celebrate a couple who is in LOVE. In my line of work I get the great opportunity to make the bride or bridal party sparkle and glow on their magical day. I was able to collaborate with dear friends from Handmadebysarakim , Byuniephotography , and Megan (our beautiful model) to create a bridal makeup and hair inspired shoot.
This look can be used on the bride, bridesmaid or guest of any wedding. This is the typical look most brides and bridesmaids request on many of my jobs. Many brides prefer a more natural look, since this is their wedding day they would like to keep makeup to enhance features and not take over so that the groom may not even recognize them. However, we do have adventurous brides now and then who prefer a darker and smokier eye look on their big day (shown down below).
- Eyes: Mayballine color tattoo (used as base) 70 Barely branded/ 400 Rich Mahogany, EDWARD BESS: Cosmic Bliss eye shadow quad. Revlon PhotoReady eye shadow palette in 501 Metropolitan, Maybelline Eyestudio in Strut it Suede (limited edition, but the permanant line is amazing too), Maybelline eyeshadow quad in Chai Latte, Mac Wedge. Elf Gel eyeliner Black. Mayballine Falsies in waterproof Blackest Black, and Mayballine Collossal waterproof in black
- Contour: NYC Sunny bronzer, NYX blush in Taupe.
- Blush: Lorac Rose blush on the apples of her cheek. Lancome in Cedar Rose on the hallows of the cheek. INGLOT blush pallete (custom).
- Face Prep: Mac Pro longwear Concealer NC30, MUFE HD liquid Foundation N117, Tarte pore refining waterproof primer. Jordana compact powder, and Embryolisse Hydra Mat moisturizer.
- Eye Brows: Milani brow kit in light, NYC brow wax and powder duo.
- Lips: NYX pencil in Natural . Jordana gloss in Sunset Kiss.
I have been loving the messy yet sophisticated hair trends going around. I decided to give our model a romantic messy bun that gives the makeup look a chaotic yet elegant look. The hair with the messy bun and the sophisticated look of the flower hair piece just works so well. Hair piece handmade by Handmadebysarakim for EtudeLove.
- Brush: teasing brush (Sally's), vent brush (Sally's)
- Tools: Nume Magic Titanium wand 32mm
- Hair Care: Rene Furterrer Vegetal Finishing Spary, Loreal Elnett Hair spray, SG dry shampoo, SG heat protectant, Big Sexy Hair powder play, TIGI wax stick.
I created a darker look on site to make the look a little more sultry, I also loosened the hair a little more. This was because in most weddings for the reception brides may want to change their look to go a little darker and hair a little less tamed to let loose. I added the Dark brown shadow from the Revlon palette to the contour of the eyes and a little of the grey shimmer from the same shadow to the eyelids to create a smolder.
Overall this was an amazing shoot collaborating with amazing people. I hope you can get some ideas and inspiration to help you on your big day; wither your the bride, bridesmaid, guest or any other occasion!